This book will change the way you think about startups. With over 33 startups interviewed in this book, you’ll find the most honest, candid, and open collection of interviews available on today’s most successful startup founders.
You use many of these applications on a daily basis already, but for the first time you can truly get inside these founders’ heads and understand how they think about the toughest topics startups face: finding cofounders, coming up with ideas, getting product-market fits, staying motivated, raising venture capital, hiring, and more. Don’t reinvent the wheel or learn the hard way–take the advice from these founders who have spent the most time thinking about these difficult problems and how to solve them in the fastest and most efficient ways possible.
People love this book. Here’s what they’re saying.
Here are a few quotes from influential people in Silicon Valley who all have strong backgrounds in startups:
“Holy crap. This is great! I’m impressed by how candid these interviews are—the book is true to its title in that it open sources the founders’ personal lives and their startups. If you want to understand how some of today’s most impressive startup founders got to where they are, this book will deliver.” – Andrew Warner, founder of Mixergy.com, has interviewed over 300+ founders.
“Count me as a fan.” – Derek Sivers
“This is a good read for entrepreneurial students because it will help them feel more validated. It’s not all glory but is in fact a lot of hard work, loneliness, and rejection. I think this book will end up causing more students to try to become entrepreneurs, which could be a good thing.” - Niniane Wang, Cofounder of Sunfire Offices in Mountain View, CTO of Minted.com
“This is one of the richest available collections of authentic, inspiring, and honest stories about how entrepreneurs become entrepreneurs.” - Avichal Garg, Cofounder of Blueprint Labs
Quotes from fans and readers
- “I killed this in one sitting. Tons of resources speak to the mechanics, yours speaks to the soul of startups.” @JulianMiller
- “The detail in this is amazing!” @nickdenardis
- “Great inspirational e-book with stories from startup founders.” @tjerja
- “Love Startups Open Sourced, amazing book!” @Doubles9124
- “Every night I try to read an interview with a startup founder from Startups Open Sourced.” @mapes911
- “Reading ‘Founders at Work’ book at home and ‘Startups Open Sourced’ ebook at work during lunch.” @RedEldorado
- “I can’t stop reading!” @BriMcS
- “Love it. A must read.” @jeremyhamel
- “Loads of great founder interviews.” @kn0thing (reddit, Hipmunk)
- “If you like startups and GitHub, you should check out Startups Open Sourced.” @mojombo (GitHub)
- “Startup enthusiasts: I am only past GitHub and Reddit. Buy it.” @JaretManuel
- “Really enjoyed the first interview in Startups Open Sourced last night. Nice work. Really want to give it to a bunch of friends.” @coldclimate
- “Startups Open Sourced – brilliant! Thanks for putting it together. Lots of great info in there.” @mikerheaume
- “This is well worth your time if you are startup.” @BobWalsh
- “I think it makes a good companion to Founders at Work.” @3en
- “First few pages in and am loving it. Great purchase.” @bwangila
- “Enjoying Startups Open Sourced! Congrats and thanks for making it!” @di3gopa
What topics are covered?
- How founders got their start in entrepreneurship
- What kinds of classes founders were taking in college
- How founders came up with their ideas
- How founders met their cofounders
- How founders obtained user growth
- How founders raised money and their overall experience and recommendations (including applying to Y Combinator, tips for the interview stage)
- How founders achieved revenue
- Points where founders doubted themselves or thought they would fail
- How founders dealt with the trough of sorrow
- Founders’ biggest challenges
- How founders stay motivated
- How founders hire and find talent
Try risk-free. If you don’t think these are the best interviews you’ve read of startup founders, get a full refund back. No questions asked.
If for any reason you don’t like this book after purchasing it, send a refund request and I’ll send you 120% of the purchase price back.